Group meeting with Timm, Charles, Arunn and Martin (from left to right).
Current Group Members
Postdoc: scale-up of nanoparticle production
Rohan is an EPSRC-funded postdoc who is modelling the scale-up of the production of nanoparticles for industrial applications.
PhD student: atherosclerosis
Arunn started in March 2015. He is co-supervised by Peter Hoskins and Paddy Hadoke. Arunn's project is about the modelling of blood flow in constricted vessels to better understand mechanisms leading to atherosclerosis.
PhD student: angiogenesis
Charles obtained the prestigious Principal's Career Development Scholarship and the Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship. He is looking at tumour-induced blood vessel growth (angiogenesis) under the influence of blood flow and related effects, such as wall shear stress. Charles is co-supervised by Peter Hoskins and Miguel Bernabeu.
PhD student: diffusion in blood flow
Yunzhou started in May 2017 and is my most recent PhD student, co-supervised by Peter Hoskins. Yunzhou is looking at the shear-induced diffusion of small particles and molecules in blood flow.
PhD student: immune system and hypertension
Greg's project is about the interplay of proteins, the immune system and blood flow, and their role in high blood pressure. Greg's other supervisors are Neeraj (Bean) Dhaun (Centre for Cardiovascular Science) and Filippo Menolascina (Institute for Bioengineering).
PhD student: chromatography performance
Qihao started in December 2018. His research focusses on the optimisation of chromatography performance through lattice-Boltzmann modelling and machine learning. Qihao is co-supervised by Simone Dimartino (Institute for Bioengineering).
Adam Machon (UG research student, 2018/19)
Aggregation of healthy and malaria-infected red blood cells
Malcolm Bell (UG research student, 2018/19)
Migration of red blood cells in channel flows
Former Group Members
- Patrick Schmidt (2017)
- Ciro Semprebon (2015/16)
- Rohan Vernekar (PhD student, 2014–18)
- Bowen Wang (MSc student, 2016/17)
- Venecia Chavez Medina (visiting UG student, 2018)
- Christopher Tay (UG research student, 2017/18)
- Lavinia Calvi (UG summer student, 2016 and 2017)
- Chenghan Han (IAESTE summer student, 2017)
- Matilde Garcia (UG summer student, 2017)
- Vivek Shrestha (UG summer student, 2017)
- Martin Nikiforidis (Erasmus+ exchange student, 2017)
- Julia Zaenker (UG summer student, 2016)
- Stuart Fraser (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Callum Renton (UG research student, 2015/16)
- Douglas Connell (UG summer student, 2015)