Welcome to my web page
I specialise in the modelling and simulation of complex fluids, for example emulsions, suspensions of deformable particles or red blood cells in microfluidic devices. I am also interested in the development of the lattice-Boltzmann method.
Please browse around and contact me if you have any questions or if you are looking for collaborations.
Why not follow me on ResearchGate or Twitter?
Currently I do not have a funded PhD opening, but I am always looking for self-funded PhD students. If you are interested in any topic presented on my research page, please get in touch.
Scientists for EU
I am supporting Scientists for EU because I think that leaving the EU would be a disadvantage for science in the UK and in Europe.
Lattice Boltzmann textbook
We are proud to present our textbook "The Lattice Boltzmann Method - Principles and Practice" that will be published as a Graduate Text in Physics in October this year. The book covers the following topics:
- Basics of hydrodynamics and kinetic theory
- Numerical methods for fluids
- The lattice Boltzmann equation
- Analysis of the lattice Boltzmann equation
- Boundary and initial conditions
- Non-dimensionalisation and choice of simulation parameters
- Lattice Boltzmann for advection-diffusion problems
- Multiphase and multicomponent flows
- MRT and TRT collision operators
- Boundary conditions for fluid-structure interaction
- Sound waves
- Implementation of lattice Boltzmann simulations
Textbook about Theoretical Physics
I am proud to present our textbook about theoretical physics "Theoretische Physik" for undergraduate students. The book has 1300 pages and is written in German. Together with five other authors, I worked for nearly three years from inception to publication. The book contains four main pillars:
- Classical mechanics including relativistic mechanics
- Quantum mechanics
- Thermodynamics and statistical physics
The views expressed here are the author's own and do not represent the views of the University of Edinburgh.