Welcome to my web page
I specialise in the modelling and simulation of complex fluids, for example emulsions, suspensions of deformable particles or red blood cells in microfluidic devices. I am also interested in the development of the lattice-Boltzmann method.
Please browse around and contact me if you have any questions or if you are looking for collaborations.
Why not follow me on ResearchGate or Twitter?
We have funding for a UK/EU student starting in 2017 on the project Smart therapeutics for high blood pressure in collaboration with the Centre for Cardiovascular Science.
We are also looking for a UK/EU or self-funded international student for the project Understanding multiscale multiphase reacting flow in porous media and their application in renewable energy industry in collaboration with Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh.
Please contact me if you are interested and have any questions about eligibility and funding.
Scientists for EU
I am supporting Scientists for EU because I think that leaving the EU would be a disadvantage for science in the UK and in Europe.
Lattice Boltzmann textbook
We are proud to present our textbook "The Lattice Boltzmann Method - Principles and Practice" that will be published as a Graduate Text in Physics in October this year. The book covers the following topics:
- Basics of hydrodynamics and kinetic theory
- Numerical methods for fluids
- The lattice Boltzmann equation
- Analysis of the lattice Boltzmann equation
- Boundary and initial conditions
- Non-dimensionalisation and choice of simulation parameters
- Lattice Boltzmann for advection-diffusion problems
- Multiphase and multicomponent flows
- MRT and TRT collision operators
- Boundary conditions for fluid-structure interaction
- Sound waves
- Implementation of lattice Boltzmann simulations
Textbook about Theoretical Physics
I am proud to present our textbook about theoretical physics "Theoretische Physik" for undergraduate students. The book has 1300 pages and is written in German. Together with five other authors, I worked for nearly three years from inception to publication. The book contains four main pillars:
- Classical mechanics including relativistic mechanics
- Quantum mechanics
- Thermodynamics and statistical physics
Upcoming conferences, workshops and visits
You will find me at the following events. Get in touch if you want to meet up.
The views expressed here are the author's own and do not represent the views of the University of Edinburgh.